2010年5月20日星期四

How to avoid OutOfMemory (OOM) Exception using Bitmaps

Step 1. 
First thing I want you to think about is that do You really need to use Bitmaps?
If the answer is No, go to step 2. :) Otherwise, think again.
Ok, Let me explain it. I needed Bitmaps to get the width of the images, to create an ImageAdapter for my Gallery. As far as I know, there's no other way to do that. So I used Bitmaps, and even if I recycled them, once in a while it stopped with the message: DDMS: OutOfMemory .. Phone: Force Close..
Not to speak about how laggy your app will be if you are using Bitmaps..
I've spent 2 weeks to find a solution for this problem, but I couldn't find any usable of them. Then I thought, I try not using Bitmaps anymore. So I have to find another way to get the width of images. Unfortunately, it's just a workaround, but it works so who cares, right?
I can determine widths with a PHP script, store it in my existing database. After I did that, everything was working properly.
Again, You really have to think about whether you really need Bitmaps or not.


没有评论:

发表评论